The Luxury Care Home Guide UK by Knight Frank, for 2020 has very recently been released and they have listed the car omes and care villages that their panel of judges believe to be ‘luxury’, based on the categories ‘design and luxury’. The guide has been stated by Julian Evans, the Head of Healthcare at Knight Frank, to be a ‘’benchmark for quality’’ for care homes, and three of Prime Life’s Care Villages are honoured to have been featured once again; Phoenix Park Care Village, Peaker Park Care Village and Rutland Care Village.
So, who are Knight Frank?
The Knight Frank Group are global real estate consultants, with over 500 offices worldwide. Their healthcare sector within the group focuses on providing healthcare valuations to funds, investors, lenders and major operators within the UK healthcare market. Their award-winning team are recognized as leaders within their field each year they host Healthcare & Senior Living Property Dinners, which include awards, and a Luxury guide to Care Homes across the UK.
So, what do the featured Prime Life homes offer?
Phoenix Park Care Village is based in Scunthorpe and since the publication of the guide, have increased their facilities to be comprised of three separate care centres.
- Hill Top Care Centre, which provides accommodation for 77 clients, whose needs are associated with age-related conditions, frailty, reablement and active recovery, mental health needs, challenging behaviour or physical disability, with all single en-suite rooms
- Overfields Care Centre is a 34-bed accommodation with a male-only unit, female-only unit and a mixed-sex unit, and caring for clients with mental health needs, challenging and complex needs or a physical disability
- Fairways Care Centre, the newly built centre, provides care for 35 residents, with en-suite rooms, and providing care for mental health needs and associated challenging behaviours; this centre is also unitized to provide male-only and female-only units.
Peaker Park Care Village is based in Market Harborough and is a purpose-built, multi-registered care village that is separated into three care facilities
- Melody Court, consisting of 4 separate units, with a total of 89 single, en-suite rooms, providing care for residents with any needs
- Both Fiddlers Corner and Mulroy House are bespoke facilities, providing individual studio apartments with their own front doors, spacious bedrooms and some apartments are also furnished with kitchenettes. Both facilities are wheelchair accessible, and Mulroy House is also designed to provide accommodation and care for those who require assistance but wish to have a greater level of independence
Rutland Care Village is based in Oakham and comprised of four separate units, providing both nursing and residential care. Within the grounds of the care village, there are Brambles Social Centre and 24 extra care housing cottages, whose occupants can have support delivered directly to their own homes.
- Belvoir Court, provides accommodation for 25 clients whose needs are associated with age-related conditions, frailty, reablement and active recovery, dementia, or physical disabilities and offers single ground floor en-suite accommodation
- Cottesmore Lodge provides secure accommodation for 24 clients with dementia, challenging and complex needs and offers all single ground floor en-suite accommodation
- Quorn Grange provides accommodation for 25 clients whose needs are associated with age-related conditions, frailty, reablement and active recovery, dementia, or physical disabilities. The care centre offers all single ground floor en-suite accommodation
- Bracken provides accommodation for 8 clients whose needs are associated with age-related conditions and dementia, who wish to maintain as much independence as they choose.
We are extremely proud of this achievement and to be featured again, showing the continuous hard work of all the team members involved. We hope to bring all Prime Life homes equal to this standard of luxury and design in the future. Thank you once again to Knight Frank for acknowledging these homes and work that goes into them daily.